The development of Tuvalu’s most valuable natural asset, the people who constitute its Human Resources, has always been a national priority and is of vital importance for the future development of the nation.
The Pre Service department manages and coordinates the government Pre-Service students’ stipends, academic reports, and tuition fees to ensure they are all in-line with the Pre-Service training policy.
- Improve and increase the skill capability of the Tuvalu workforce in the government, public and private sectors
- Provide capable Tuvalu citizens with training opportunities
- Ensure that the public service or employment in general in Tuvalu is staffed with suitably qualified persons
- Promote self-reliance by reducing dependence on foreign workers
- Provide a fair and non-bias selection based on merits and without discrimination
- Improve administration of approved scholarships.
Assistant training officer with pre-service students currently studying in Fiji
Assistant Training Officer